Featured Photo Courtesy of JMU Athletics Communications
This is a game of firsts for JMU. First game on the road this season. First Sun Belt conference game, and the first real opportunity to put not only the conference on watch, but the country.
JMU travels to Boone, NC for the first time since 2007. In that game, JMU lost a heartbreaks, 28-27. This matchup and budding rivalry has given JMU and App State fans plenty of extremely memorable moments.
Will that continue this Saturday September, 24th at 3:30 PM ET? Let’s get acquainted with this gameday.
Weather for Saturday
High of 70 tomorrow in Boone, NC. It will be Partly cloudy with winds coming in at 5-10 mph.
How to Watch
The game will be available to watch on ESPN+ with TV Coverage beginning at around 3:30 PM ET. ESPN+ requires a subscription. Click here to find the game and sign up for ESPN+ if needed.
If you want to listen to the radio broadcast and are in Harrisonburg tune in to WSVA 550 AM or 92.1 FM. You can stream the radio broadcast online at WSVAOnline.com and on your phone with the The Varsity Network app.
Getting to know App State State
Record: 2-1, 1-0 in Sun Belt play
Key Wins: Beat No. 6 Texas A&M
Head Coach: Shawn Clark. 22-8 in his 3rd full year at App State. His .733 win percentage is 8th best among active coaches at the FBS level.
- Passing: R-Senior QB Chase Brice – Has gone 62/100 for 779 yds with 9 TD and 1 INT
- Rushing: R-Jr RB Camerun Jones — 49 atts — 255 yds — 5.2/rush — 1 TD — 85/Game
- Soph. RB Nate Noel – coming off of ankle injury in Week 1 where he had 116 yds vs. UNC — Rush yards leader from last season
- Receiving: Soph WR Christian Horn has 10 catches for 169 yds and 2 TDs
- Tackles: R-Junior DB Nick Ross Leads team in TKLS with 25 and has tacked on 1 TFL
- Other players to watch: LB Nick Hampton and LB Trey Cobb – Experienced players that have combined for 22 tackles and 4 sacks.
Other things to note:
App-uh-LATCH-in State hosted ESPN College Gameday last week after upsetting Texas A&M the week before. It has been a whirlwind start to the season for the Sun Belt East preseason favorites.
App State and JMU have met 16 times, this will be the 17th meeting. The Mountaineer lead the series 12-4 and when the games are played in Boone, App State leads 7-2.